In less than two weeks we have the honor of bringing in Tim & Dr. Jennifer Konzen to lead two incredible workshops for our Youth & Family Ministries!
Here are the two classes the Konzens will be teaching:
- Crucial Conversations: Talking to Your Kids about Sex – 7-9 pm on Friday, February 26
- This class is for parents of kids ages nursery to 18
- The class will be 90 minutes of content with some movement breaks and interactive portions sprinkled throughout, plus a Q&A session at the end
- Redeemed Sexuality (Teen Class) – 7-9 pm on Saturday, February 27
- This class is for high schoolers and is co-ed–the Konzens will teach everyone together for a time and then split up guys/girls for a time
- The class will consist of two 40-45-minute sessions with a break in the middle and a Q&A session at the end
Redeemed Sexuality (Teen Class) — Saturday 7:00 p.m.
Redeemed Sexuality is a workshop by Tim and Dr. Jennifer Konzen for teens on sexuality—learning God’s plan for sexuality, understanding what influences the development of sexuality, and discovering how to steward our sexuality. From the Konzens: “God, The Master Artist, created you as a sexual being. So how do you, as an unmarried person, live out your sexuality in a way that is honoring to God? And what is sexuality? Is it just intercourse? Or is it perhaps something much greater?
Please join us as we discuss:
- Biblical view of Sexuality
- Sexual development and how it is impacted by your family of origin
- Anatomy and Physiology – understanding arousal
- How to have healthy intimate connection in the midst of pursuing purity
- Body Image and Sexuality
- Purity and Holiness
- Embodied Living
- Common questions teens ask, and a Q&A time for your questions
The online class will take place on Saturday, February 27 from 7:00-9:00 p.m.
How To Attend
The Zoom link will be sent through regular Youth & Family Ministry communications on Wednesday, February 24. For more information, or to get the link to attend, contact your Youth and Family leader or Mike/Kristen Balzer at email@example.com
Should I Attend? Should My Teen Attend?
The Konzens are faithful disciples with decades of parenting and shepherding experience, but not only that–they are experts in the field of sexual development. Tim and Jennifer give their Redeemed Sexuality & Parenting workshops around the world and will be providing great teaching on how families can navigate this complex but critically important subject. Sexual development is one of the most central aspects of adolescence but also one that teens and parents can be most nervous to talk about with each other. The Konzens are able to teach with sensitivity, conviction, and levity and we are so grateful to be able to bring them in to instruct and guide us!
There is no couple in our churches more qualified to come and speak to us on these topics! Tim and Jennifer are disciples in the San Diego Church and serve as shepherds over the Youth & Family ministry there. They have raised four children and Tim is a long-standing Deacon in the church. Dr. Jennifer is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Certified Sex Therapist, and is the Director of The Center for Sexuality at Point Loma Nazarene University. She is an award-winning, internationally recognized researcher and therapist in her field. Tim and Jennifer have co-authored the books “Redeemed Sexuality” (written for teens, campus, and singles) and “The Art of Intimate Marriage” and give sensitive, inspiring, funny, and practical workshops around the world to help students and parents with growing in their understanding and communication about these important topics. It will be a treat to learn from them!
Watch this two-minute video to hear the Konzens introduce themselves and this workshop.