Please join the women of the Chicago Church of Christ for a fun, engaging, and inspiring webinar as we celebrate International Women’s Day and consider how God created us for such a time as this.
In the book of Esther we read about an amazing woman who was called to trust in God and show great courage to help save her people. Esther 4:14 reads, “For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”
As there were difficulties and fears that Esther had to face, we find ourselves in a similar place today. With all that is going on in our world today, we are faced with great challenges. But God has created us—like Esther—for such a time as this.
Join us to hear from other women as they share “her-stories” about how they are showing courage to do what God has called them to do. Learn from our guest speaker, Ionela Testa, right here from Chicago, about what we can all do in such a time as this. Take time for meditation and reflection as we consider how we can be the women that God created us to be to help change our world.
This special online event will take place on Saturday, March 6 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
Our time together will feature:
- Singing from women of the Chicago Church choir.
- Testimonial “her-stories” from women around the Chicago area who have seen the “for such a time as this” calling in their life.
- Keynote lesson from Ionela Testa on how the lesson of Esther can still inspire us in 2021.
- Times of prayer together and a short time of guided personal meditation.
- Fun games and giveaways.
There is no cost to attend this event.
Preregister online. We will email the webinar link to those registered before the event.
Spanish Translation / Traducción al español
Este evento tendrá una opción de traducción en directo al lenguaje español. La información sobre este evento en español está aquí. Para inscribirse, siga el enlace preregistration. Todas las que se inscriban recibirán los enlaces en inglés y en español para participar. Para obtener más información o ayuda para inscribirse, póngase en contacto con Lila Harris en email@example.com.
In a normal year, one of the most encouraging parts of Women’s Day are the connections we make with one another. The love and diversity in the room are such a testament to God and his Kingdom!
To set the tone, create connection, and kick off the event, we would love to have as many sisters as possible send in greetings for our countdown, much like we have for our other congregational worship services.
If you would like to participate in this, please send in a 10-20 second clip (landscape-horizontal, not vertical, on your phone) of yourself introducing yourself along with a short greeting/welcome!
Ideas for your video:
- Greeting: “Hello!” “Good morning!” (or, if you speak another language, ¡Hola! Bonjour! Dzień dobry!)
- Introduction: “My name is [name], and I am joining in from _____________ (city or neighborhood, ex. Chicago, DeKalb, Bellwood, etc)”
- Welcome: “Welcome to Women’s Day!” or “Welcome!” or something like, “I’m looking forward to this special time!”
Directions to prepare and send your video:
- If you speak a language other than English and/or have clothing that represents your heritage, please feel free to incorporate them!
- Please speak loudly and clearly in your video
- Please keep it short–2-3 brief sentences. We want to be able to have as many participate as possible and we can get more videos in if we all keep them short.
- Submit videos to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, February 28