2017 ICOC Delegates Meeting
We are excited to see what God will bring through our 10th ICOC Delegates Meeting. Our focus this year is prayerful consideration of where God will take us for the next 10 years to honor Him and accomplish His purpose.
WHO: ICOC Regional Chairmen, Delegates, Service Teams and Invited Guests.
Guests may be invited by Chairmen, Delegates or Service Teams. There is great interest in this year’s meetings but limited space. Guest registrations will be taken on an allotment from various Regional Families. Guest Registration will have to close when allotted space is full.
WHEN: October 3-6 (See the SCHEDULE for dates and times of various meetings)
Service Teams meetings begin at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, October 2
Delegates meetings begin at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 3
WHERE: Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, Chicago
Forward by Faith: ICOC 3.0
Two years ago our Chairmen Service Team began prayerful discussions to set a culture among us of thoroughly reevaluating our movement every 10 years to seek God’s guidance for the next decade or until Jesus’ return, whichever came first. Two global Leadership Surveys were taken and the results distributed and discussed in numerous meetings and conversations. Listening to the hearts of many of our full-time and non-staff leaders around the world and with much prayer, the 2017 ICOC Spring Leadership Meetings focused on Forward by Faith… ICOC 3.0
The results of the Spring Leadership Meetings were so encouraging the strong consensus was to ask each Regional Family of Churches to have a similar meeting. The results of these meetings will culminate in these great objectives for an unprecedented Delegates Meeting in October:
- Goal of 100% participation. Please work on this in your Regional Family and with your mission societies and sponsoring churches.
- Continental perspectives. Each continental group of churches will report on their thoughts and input about our future.
- Specific proposals to be voted on to move forward.
Preparation for Chicago Meetings:
- May & June: Leadership groups from our 33 Families of churches engage in prayerful discussions and send input
- July: Input consolidated and consensus results guide the formulation of proposals
- August: Materials and proposals sent to Regional Chairmen, Delegates and Church Leadership for further discussion and input
- September: Final proposals distributed with any other preparation materials to the Regional Chairmen, Delegates and Service Teams to review
- October: Meeting in Chicago to finalize God’s consensus among us and vote on specific ways to move forward
Registration Step 1: ICOC Delegates Meeting
Online registration is no longer available. If you are a delegate or service team member and wish to register on-site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Cost is $250 per person for registrations by July 31
- Cost is $300 per person for registrations by August 31
- Cost is $350 per person for registrations after August 31
Registration fee includes costs to host the conference, some meals, refreshment breaks, printing, etc.
Registration Step 2: HOPE worldwide Global Conference
Each year we try to schedule the Delegates Meeting to coincide with another conference to enable our leaders to speak to and meet disciples from different parts of the world and to save resources. This year we have an excellent opportunity to learn about how HOPE worldwide 3.0 is being built to partner with the church to serve the poor. We highly encourage all ICOC Delegates Meeting attendees to stay an additional day and register for the HOPE worldwide Global Conference. The cost for Delegates is only $40 when you use coupon code ONEDAY (includes your spouse!). The classes will be held Friday and Saturday, October 6-7 and the conference ends with a church service on Sunday, October 8. For more information and registration, visit the HOPE worldwide Global Conference website.
Registration Step 3: Hotel Reservations
The Service Teams and Delegates will hold meetings in the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place hotel. The HOPE worldwide Global Conference will be meeting in nearby locations. You can reserve sleeping rooms using this link. Note: Due to a city-wide event, hotel space is limited for some dates of the Delegates meeting.
Sleeping room rates:
- $289 + tax for October 1 and October 2
- $199 + tax for October 3
- $159 + tax for October 4 through October 8
For questions on registering for the ICOC Delegates Meeting or for letters of invitation, contact email@example.com
For questions about the ICOC Delegates Meeting program, etc, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about the HOPE worldwide Global Conference, contact email@example.com